Do you love granola for breakfast but are wary of the high fat and sugar content from most store-bought options? The solution? Make your own, delicious, crunchy granola at home. This recipe is loaded with nuts and seeds to keep you fuller for longer. Pair it with some fresh fruit and Greek yogurt for a well-rounded, diet-friendly breakfast.
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup raisins or other dried fruit (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150ºC. Toss together oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in oil and syrup.
- Divide mixture between 2 large rimmed baking sheets and spread out evenly. Bake until golden and toasted, 40 to 45 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes and switching pans from top to bottom and front to back halfway through.
- Immediately transfer granola to a large bowl and let cool completely, stirring occasionally. (Granola will crisp as it cools.) When it’s cool, toss in dried fruit, if desired. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
For more Granola inspired recipes, click here.